Welcome!

Welcome! Ultralight backpacking is my passion, and keeping up on new technologies, gear, and techniques relevant to UL backpacking is what floats my boat. I'm always looking for the lightest, most functional gear to improve a lightweight or ultralight backpacking kit, and report my impressions and field testing results here. For hikers wanting to keep up on the latest and greatest ultralight backpacking gear, this is a good place to hang out. Also, there is a lot of information here (and on our informational website Southwest Ultralight Backpacking) on useful techniques and backcountry etiquette -- food for thought for hikers wanting to lighten their load and their impacts.

My goal for Ultralight Insights is to understand, test, and report on new technologies and gear of interest to lightweight and ultralight backpackers. It's a passion after all, so we just plain enjoy talking about it. I hope readers will add their own wisdom and comments, respond to my questions, ask their own questions, and correct me if I get something wrong. Happy hiking! Will

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Introducing the Ultralight Insights Blog

A blog is what it is, an outlet to interact on what is currently of interest. In this case its about ultralight gear and backpacking. That's a favorite subject for many of us, and we want to keep on learning.

 I will have to admit that I am a first time blogger. I'm not really into chit-chat. I have a Facebook account but its sadly neglected. I don't Tweet. I prefer to read things that increase my awareness and to keep up on what's new.


Which brings me back to the present topic -- creating a blog on my website.

I'm doing it because I want to give it a go to see what happens. I will try to introduce some good topics that I hope will generate some interest and response. I want to find out what other people are thinking and learn from you.

While the blog is not open to others starting a new thread, like in a forum, I would still like to hear what you would like to discuss. Mention new topics in your comments and I will introduce the ones that are within the scope of this website and likely to generate reader interest.

Thanks in advance for your interest and contributions!

No comments:

Post a Comment